The Family Life & Fellowship Service Group is responsible for the fun and fellowship of the church family by encouraging a sense of community and well being among church members. This ministry helps plan and coordinate intergenerational activities, group-sponsored activities, retreats, dinners, receptions, and church-sponsored outings.
When in-person, we strive to help children see, feel, and experience God’s love through our interaction, programs, and worship. Teachers, sponsors, and van drivers are needed to assist in these activities.
- Monthly “SWEETT” events – such as a bowling outing, arts and crafts following worship, special holiday events.
- Vacation Bible School – a summertime half-day experience of fun, Bible study, drama, and games, culminating with a Friday lunch and performance
- Children’s Camp – once children have completed the third grade, they are eligible for Children’s Camp in conjunction with the Southwest Baptist Youth Camping Association composed of other churches in the state.
The youth ministry serves grades six through twelve. As with the children’s ministry, we strive help the youth to experience God’s love through our interaction, programs, and worship. Teachers, sponsors, and van drivers are needed to assist in these activities.
- Disciple Now Weekend: A two-night spiritual retreat where you can volunteer your home and meals for HP youth.
- Summer Youth Camp: Volunteer as a sponsor for summer camp, in addition to a mid-winter camp, held in conjunction with the Southwest Baptist Youth Camping Association, composed of other churches in the state.
- Summer Mission Trip: Volunteer as a sponsor as youth travel to work with groups such as impoverished children, homeless, or troubled youth.
- Plan, set up, implement (includes shopping, cooking, serving, and cleaning up) special receptions such as ordinations, installations, recognitions and picnics
- Assist in hosting conferences and events held at the church.
- Maintain equipment, cloths, and decorations used for events.
- Members volunteer to prepare dishes for various events or serve in the kitchen during an event.
- Volunteer to keep kitchen clean and stocked.
Volunteers are needed to plan the program, lodging, and registration for:
- Manifest – held once a year in the spring, when men of the church retreat for two days of relaxation, fellowship, and study with a guest facilitator.
- Womanfest – held once a year in the fall, when women of the church retreat for two days of relaxation, fellowship, and study with a guest facilitator.
J.O.Y. & Company
Volunteers 55 and older plan and implement special trips to museums, plays, concerts, sightseeing trips, etc. for our “just older youth” group. They also call on volunteers to assist with decorations and serving for special occasions in conjunction with other groups. They occasionally sponsor a special mission project.